IT and digital
Procurement Data Management Specialist
Imagine a future where you shape supply chain and procurement data excellence for tactical and strategic decision making in a global organisation
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure that global business stakeholders and senior management can easily access relevant high-quality data in a consistent manner. You’ll contribute to creation of data quality strategies and processes as well implementing data governance policies and monitor their compliance. The data domain mostly encompasses supplier-related data as well as commercial contract data. You’ll collaborate with other departments, such as QHSE and Finance on a daily basis.
Welcome to Global Procurement Excellence
You’ll be part of Digital Procurement where you, together with your colleagues, will centralise data management in Procurement to improve our analytical capabilities by standardising, consolidating, verifying, processing, and providing data according to best practice. You’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team of Procurement data management specialists, analysts, and application back-office specialists in Kuala Lumpur. The team closely collaborates with IT data engineers and PowerBI specialists located in Warsaw to deliver high-quality data products. As a team, we believe that leveraging each person’s unique talents and collaborating for shared success will make the difference for our organisation and the green transformation of the energy sector.
You’ll play an important role in:
- implementing data governance policies, fostering a culture of data quality and awareness
- facilitating onboarding of data on Ørsted Data Ecosystem, ensuring that requirements for quality, availability, compliance, and reusability are met and optimised for security, stability, and performance
- managing data access requests and liaising with data owners to make certain that access restrictions and retention requirements are captured and documented during data onboarding managing
- mapping data flows and aligning technical implementation with data engineers
- engaging with business stakeholders to identify data exploration needs and acting as a facilitator between stakeholders and data engineers to evaluate business impact and feasibility of requests and changes
- developing, evolving, and maintaining the Procurement data and reports catalogue, enabling self-service for the business stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have solid experience with data or information management, incl. processes, governance, principles, and tools
- have hands-on experience with large data sets, converting, transforming data across platforms, and have experience with data storage and data management solutions e.g., MS Azure
- have a solid business understanding, especially in the area of procurement, ideally from multiple industries and are able to quickly understand business needs and translate them into data and process requirements
- have a structured, analytical approach to your work and understand how to balance strict governance with flexibility to achieve the benefits of both
- preferably have SQL and Python skills and experience working with Dataiku and PowerBI
- are excited by the prospect to collaborate with a global and diverse workforce.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.