Operations and technicians
Grid Compliance & Reliability Specialist
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by managing the grid compliance requirements of the transmission assets in the wind farm
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible to lead grid regulatory requirements from Operations department. You’ll use your experience in operations and an understanding of the compliance procedures to support the compliance team for regulatory investigation and audits.
Welcome to Region Americas Operations
You’ll be part of HV & Transmission Operations Department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible to respond to ‘Request For Information’ (RFI) from regulatory entities, working closely with the Compliance team and relevant ‘subject matter expects’ (SME) to ensure safe and operational compliance of our assets. The position will be based at our office in Port Jefferson, NY. As a team, we create good engaging relationship with different stakeholders, identify shortcomings in existing business practices, and suggest and implement improvements.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling ‘Request For Information’ (RFIs) from regulating entities and ensuring relevant personnel is assigned to RFI’s as well as ensuring correct data/responses are provided within specified timeframe
- coordinating and maintaining compliance procedure documents for Regional Operations
- working with the Compliance team and developing user guides for our SMEs and responsible personnel
- developing and improving Compliance system for Regional Operations specific compliance deliverables
- supporting in developing Compliance training for Regional Operations personnel
- providing input and advice to Regional Operations team on new regulatory standards.
To succeed in the role, you:
- setting clear path for colleagues to follow in terms of reliability, best practices, effective delegation, and motivation techniques
- make good and timely decisions that keep the organisation moving forward e.g., consistently demonstrate strong judgment
- take smart, independent action in urgent and nonroutine situations and know when to escalate for others’ involvement
- are adept with building personnel relationships, having up to date knowledge of policy, procedure, and best practice
- process learnings into real-world improvements that project teams can deliver in terms of time, budget and knowledge
- communicate effectively and develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]].
Please don’t hesitate to contact [[vpOfStaffingName]], [[contactPersonTitle]], on [[vpOfStaffingPhone]], if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.