Finance and controlling
Finance Graduate with an interest in financial risk management
Step into a career where you play a vital role in overseeing the financial market risks of our renewable portfolio
The Ørsted Global Graduate Programme is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Programme consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
You’ll gain insight into the global energy markets and the renewables industry. You’ll do this by carrying out complex analysis of data to understand and report on the risk nature of our assets and contracts and working closely with colleagues across Finance and from business operations. You’ll take part in our growth journey by creating the link between our largest financial risks, our risk management activities, and the financial impact. In your first rotation, you’ll be part of a department working with a large set of stakeholders across the organisation, interacting with many different nationalities and backgrounds. We’re curious, bright, and commercially oriented colleagues with a high focus on quality of deliveries, while keeping an informal tone with room for fun and laughter. We’ll help you grow and develop your talent through our ambition to understand and mitigate our market risk. You’ll have a high level of influence on choosing your second and third rotation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- understanding and translating our complex risk picture and hedging activities into relevant stories for our internal and external stakeholders
- analysing and communicating the organisation’s risks and ensuring compliance with risk mandates and policies
- advising the Chief Risk Officer and senior management on long-term portfolio risk of new assets, divestments, M&As, and corporate power purchase agreements
- projects to strengthen the analysis and management of financial risk
- supporting the optimisation and automation of our reporting setup.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have relevant theoretical background from a master’s degree in business administration, finance, economics, or similar, incl. studies in derivatives obtained before 1 September 2024
- have great analytical skills combined with good problem-solving capabilities
- enjoy communicating on complex topics to a broad audience
- possess good English speaking and writing skills
- have an interest in programming languages, such as Python, SQL, SAS, C#, R and VBA.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your CV, most recent grade transcripts, and answer the screening questions as soon as possible and no later than [[applicationDeadline]].
Please don’t hesitate to write to email@example.com if you have any questions. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Step closer to career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Programme overview, read more about the recruitment process, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality.