Operations and technicians
HV Engineer & Protection Specialist (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you help drive the global energy transformation through world-class operational activities across our regional offshore portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll support the HV & Transmission Operations CE team with your expertise and deep knowledge of HV assets in general and especially Protection systems while planning & executing maintenance work tasks on- and offshore. Your tasks will include supporting Retrofit projects, defining safety procedures according to German legislation, as well as being the point of contact to our back office.
Welcome to HV & Transmission Operations CE
You’ll be part of the High Voltage team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure the efficient and safe operation of our offshore substations. Within the HV team, you’ll be responsible for servicing, operating, and maintaining our HV assets and Protection systems. You’ll report to the HV team lead and support your colleagues during our SOV campaigns, both offshore and onshore. As a team, we grow with our challenges and achieve goals together that seem unattainable individually. We continuously improve and have fun at work, as it is an essential part of our success.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, supporting, and driving maintenance and operational works
- testing and troubleshooting tasks at the HV Systems and providing a safe, stable, and economical operation of our substations
- defining safety procedures according to our electrical safety rules and German Legislation together with our vEFK (B) & LvEFK
- supporting HVTO manager, LV team lead, and HV team lead in engineering tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- completed degree within electrical engineering with EQF level six or higher, or similar education and experience
- have a safe and systematic way of working, in combination with the highest level of personal reliability and integrity
- know all protection functions.
- are able to configure, test, and troubleshoot at our protection relays e.g., Hitachi and Siemens, implemented in our Protection System for our 155kV, 66kV, and 34 kV GIS.
- are comfortable working both onshore and offshore, while keeping in mind that offshore work involves a 14/14 rotation or working on particular single days of the month.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 December 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Joerg Penning, Team Lead HV, on (Germany +49 (DO NOT USE)) 1721828571 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 10:30-11:30 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.