Assistant Facilities Manager
Imagine a future where you’re implementing facility management service delivery solutions for one of the world’s most sustainable energy companies
Join us in this role where you’ll ensure that we deliver excellent facility management across our portfolio, not only at our location in Grimsby but also at our smaller offices in Humberside and Brightlingsea.
Welcome to Global Facility Management
You’ll be part of Facility Management UK & IE team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the East Coast Facility Manager with service delivery across offices, warehouses, and external site areas within the portfolio, and ensure best-in-class operational efficiency to support the organisation. As a team, we prioritise helping and supporting each other in an open and friendly working environment to provide the best solutions. We also foster a work culture where we embrace learning opportunities and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring the smooth delivery of FM services to support guests, visitors, and colleagues, as well as deputising for the Facility Manager in their absence
- coordinating and assisting with the management of in-house FM projects, implementing global FM policies and procedures, internal and external audits, and supporting the annual budgeting process
- liaising with vendors and service providers to ensure service delivery, in line with performance targets.
- contributing to the development and implementation of operational planning for the facilities and actively seeking opportunities to reduce cost across the portfolio
- communicating and collaborating closely with local management and colleagues across Group Real Estate and Workplace Management
- liaising with external vendors and service providers to ensure all work is carried out safely and efficiently, whilst ensuring compliance with all our safety policies.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have some previous facility management experience
- have strong communication skills and some experience with stakeholder management, relationship building, and contractor management
- can support FM-related tasks and projects across multiple sites and understand the importance of sustainability and energy optimisation in FM
- possess good knowledge of HSE, statutory compliance, permit to work systems, and a technical understanding of building fabric, M&E systems, and PPM processes
- can prioritise and manage your time and tasks and know when to ask for support.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andrew Warner, Facility Manager, on +44 7407872606 from Monday to Friday between 08:00-16:30 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.