Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Head of Global Engagement & Thought Leadership
Imagine a future where you play a key role in shaping the global conversation on the future of energy and sustainability
We’re looking for an experienced leader to head the Ørsted team that engages with international organisations and produces thought leadership. The team covers areas such as energy transition and frameworks, climate change and decarbonisation, biodiversity, and socio-economic development. At Ørsted, we want to be a catalyst for change in the global energy transition. This team plays a key role in ensuring we have a seat at the table, can build impactful alliances, and make thoughtful contributions to development of policies and standards.
Welcome to Global External Affairs & Positioning
You’ll be part of our Global External Affairs team which comprises approx. 25 external affairs and communication professionals in four teams, primarily based in Denmark. In collaboration, you’ll shape conversations on energy and sustainability and position Ørsted as a catalyst for change and thought leader and help pave way for commercial success. The department reorganised in February when this position opened. You and your team will be eight FTEs, with some roles to be filled. As a team, we have high ambitions of creating a supporting, constructive, and passionate working environment. We think it’s highly meaningful what we do and want our enthusiasm to shine through it all.
You’ll play an important role in:
- crafting a well-functioning team with high job satisfaction and motivation and contributing to the overall direction and well-functioning of the overarching department
- defining a team strategy and planning that are clearly linked to commercial success factors, and creating synergies and portfolio thinking across the team
- overseeing our engagement with key international agenda setting institutions
- defining and advancing pipeline of international and region-specific thought leadership products, e.g., Ørsted papers or topical position briefs, and ensuring close alignment with global and regional colleagues
- creating briefs and other support for executive management in subject matter areas in collaboration with the team representing the team towards the rest of the organization to ensure good processes and that our products and services continuously respond to the needs of our internal stakeholders
To succeed in the role, you:
- have proven success as a people leader who has created collaborative, empowered, and motivated teams
- have worked in a similar role in either international organisations, corporations, think tanks or similar
- have an international outlook and working experience that have helped you achieve notable positioning or influencing successes in international fora
- have a strong strategic and commercial mindset with high level of adaptability that helps the team continuously strengthen how it creates business value
- can build an internal network, foster collaboration, and enable the team to succeed through those relationships
- are a great sounding board for ideas but also help get the job done.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Rasmus Nikolaj Due Skov, Head of Global Ext Affairs & Positioning, on (Denmark +45) 99559049 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.