Senior Sourcing Manager
Imagine a future where you lead complex sourcing projects using your commercial and strategic mindset to drive the success of our carbon neutral power plants
Join us in this role where you’ll play a big role in building our renewables business through strategic procurement initiatives. You’ll utilise and develop your skills with EU tenders in close cooperation with skilled project managers, technicians, QHSE partners, and external consultants, thereby supporting our vision of a world that runs entirely on green energy. Also, you’ll be taking ownership of the continued optimisation and development of the procurement function
Welcome to Bio Procurement
You’ll be part of Emerging Technology Procurement team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for cross-functional and complex sourcing activities related to our carbon-neutral energy production at our power plants in Denmark. The team supports in particular the emerging CCX business area with category, sourcing, and contract management and is anchored in a large, rapidly expanding, and leading procurement organisation, ensuring collaboration across the company and access to knowledge sessions and specialist training programme. As a team, we are very dedicated in enabling the future, creating the best results and embracing diversity.
You’ll play an important role in:
- running EU and non-EU tender projects, where you’re a key player in managing all sourcing activities across different strategic business units
- developing and executing sourcing strategies for CAPEX projects for our Danish power plants in particularly within CCX
- building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders on all levels of the organisation
- negotiating complex contracts, ensuring high value results for us and our supplier base.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a commercial or engineering field, combined with work experience within international procurement and EU tender law
- have strong communication skills and speak and write fluent English, enabling you to communicate and negotiate with your business partners in an international environment
- have a proactive approach, positive mindset, and the ability to see opportunities and act on it
- thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and see the value of working in a structured manner
- possess strong interpersonal skills which allow for a high level of stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel Toft Ditlevsen, Head of BIO Procurement, on (Denmark +45) 99555624, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.