Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you provide biodiversity advice and stakeholder management support for the largest offshore wind farm portfolio in the UK
Join us in this role where you’ll become an Environment Specialist in the UK & Ireland Consents department. You’ll be responsible for supporting the Biodiversity Lead and Lead Strategic Ecologist working on a portfolio of offshore wind projects through all the stages of development, construction, operation, and decommissioning.
Welcome to UK & Ireland Consents
You’ll be part of the Consents stakeholder team where you, together with your colleagues, will focus on all portfolio activities relating to gaining consent for offshore wind farms and then building and operating the assets. You’ll provide support to develop, improve, and maintain relationships with our internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also work alongside the Biodiversity Lead to meet our ambitions to have a net positive impact. As a team, we promote a set of values which encourage innovation, collaboration, and continued professional development whilst maintaining passion about the work we do.
You’ll play an important role in:
- attending stakeholder engagement meetings, strategic environmental forums, workshops, and industry groups and ensuring we have effective relationships with their stakeholders
- regulatory engagement on key topics, incl. marine net gain and biodiversity net gain policy
- leading document management associated with our stakeholder relationships and biodiversity workstreams, incl. engagement trackers, meeting minutes and actions, and finance processes
- project management and integration of the Ørsted UK & Ireland’s biodiversity strategy into our renewable energy portfolio
- coordinating responses to key consultations and ensuring the wider UK & Ireland team is aware of future policy implications.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in a related subject, such as ecology or environmental science
- are organised, a good listener, and can create and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- have a desire to develop skills and knowledge in the key environmental issues associated with renewable energy projects
- have some understanding of the UK and Ireland planning, licensing, and consenting regimes, or the offshore wind sector
- have some experience with stakeholder management in relation to a large project or a portfolio of projects.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 June 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah Drljaca, Head of Stakeholder & Market Development, on (+44) 7787877442 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 13:00-16:00, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.