Senior Manager of Electrical Engineering
Imagine a future where you're serving as the electrical engineering expert for some of the largest onshore wind, solar, and energy storage projects in the US
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for providing industry-leading electrical engineering expertise to the Ørsted Americas Program Execution team through the full lifecycle of onshore wind, solar, and energy storage assets. As the electrical engineering Subject Matter Expert (SME), you’ll ensure project electrical design, construction, and testing meets Ørsted’s standards for success, incl. safety, quality, and value.
Welcome to Region Americas Program Execution
You’ll be part of Onshore EPC Engineering where you, together with your colleagues, will work to solve complex, cross-functional technical challenges, apply lessons learned, and collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. As a team, we value diversity and support the growth of our members by offering learning and development opportunities. We work hard and have fun while doing it.
You’ll play an important role in:
- reviewing EPC design deliverables for accuracy, completeness, and opportunities for value engineering, incl. but not limited to, substation, transmission line, and collector system electrical design components
- developing and maintaining electrical engineering design and testing standards in accordance with latest codes and best industry practices
- participating in and, where necessary, overseeing electrical equipment design reviews incl. main power transformers, solar inverters, wind turbines, and battery energy storage systems
- evaluating engineering value, quality, and safety risks faced by the organization and developing proactive mitigation plans to address these
- developing technical expertise of the Engineering team through mentorship, best practices, shared lessons learned, and feedback throughout the project lifecycle.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 5+ years of direct experience in electrical engineering for renewables projects, e.g., solar, wind, or battery storage
- have proven experience with Medium Voltage (MV) electrical design and a working knowledge of High Voltage (HV) electrical design
- have experience with subjects such as grounding, cable ampacity, short circuit, and reactive power design
- have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- are a strong communicator, and are a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and proactive individual that is committed to excellence
- ideally have knowledge of the renewables project development process.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 3, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jodi Smith, Sr Talent Acquisition Partner, on (United States +1) 6035141700 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to visit projects under construction, attend team workshops and conferences, and visit vendors and contractors.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.