Engineering and construction
Regional Lead Control Specialist
Imagine a future where you set the technical direction for offshore wind farm automation and control in certain geographical regions worldwide
Join us in this role where you’ll work closely with internal and external stakeholders while specifying and improving technical requirements for SCADA and control systems aspects of wind turbines in offshore wind farm projects. You and your colleagues will develop, maintain, and negotiate requirements to continuously deliver safe, compliant, and cyber-secure automation and control systems in your respective geographical regions. You’ll also get involved in the development and integration of new technologies, e.g., energy storage and P2X.
Welcome to SCADA & Communication
You’ll be part of Power Generation SCADA where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for SCADA systems for wind turbines and other power generating components in offshore wind power plants. Our unique experience allows us to set forth pioneering and industry-moving technical requirements for the suppliers. Our scope encompasses supervisory wind farm control, operational data integration, and the demonstration of end-to-end compliance with local requirements. The team is currently based in Europe, and we’re expanding our footprint to APAC and the Americas. As a team, we openly share challenges and learnings while working across cultures, geographical borders, and time zones. We collaborate respectfully in an informal atmosphere and invest in continuous development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting the technical direction for automation and control in offshore wind farms
- taking ownership of the SCADA, control, and communication requirements for offshore wind turbines in the early tender phase of our projects
- formalising, institutionalising, and sharing the team’s knowledge, best practices, working processes, and technical standards in alignment with internal and external stakeholders
- supporting the execution of our projects when specialist knowledge is required
- participating in R&D activities as a subject matter expert in SCADA and control
- onboarding new team members.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in electrical engineering, control, automation, or equivalent
- have experience with technical requirements from offshore wind or a comparable industry
- have substantial experience in wind farm control, power plant control, process control, or similar
- have solid practical experience with DCS or SCADA system design, industrial data networks, IT/OT system integration, as well as commissioning and on-site testing of control systems
- have a strong analytical mindset and high-quality standards, with the ability to systematically prioritize among your various tasks in an environment with varying work pace, high uncertainty, and numerous stakeholders
- have ambition and courage to challenge status quo, accompanied by leadership, communication, and soft skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 September 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P Friis-Holm Staehr, Head of Power Generation SCADA, on (Denmark +45) 99555256, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.