Finance and controlling
Manager in Financial Accounting
Imagine a future where you lead a highly skilled team delivering financial accounting and reporting products, servicing an ambitious, multinational green company
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading two teams totalling c. 10-12 colleagues. The Financial Accounting department is organised by region and comprises eight teams. The larger regions cover c. 60 separate legal entities. The core tasks of each region are to ensure high quality bookkeeping and accounting, meeting key deadlines within our month end/year end close process with a strong focus on local audit and statutory accounts processes. There is also a key emphasis on local audit and statutory account preparation among a range of local reporting and joint venture reporting products.
Welcome to Financial Accounting and Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of Financial Accounting where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure high quality booking keeping and accounting, balance sheet reconciliations, and meet key deliverables and deadlines within our month end / year end close process. You’ll be one of two managers reporting directly to the Head of Financial Accounting. FAC forms part of a wider shared services function within Ørsted: Ørsted Business Services.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating a workplace that motivates and drives your team members, empowering them in daily decision-making, as well as providing challenges and guidance for their continual development
- being hands-on in the service delivery by working closely with your team leads / teams in planning, with respect to the monthly and annual audit and reporting cycle
- ensuring planning of resourcing requirements, setting and meeting achievable deadlines, and fostering a strong collaboration with your main stakeholder, Financial Controlling
- seeking to constructively challenge existing structures and processes in Financial Accounting services, with the express purpose of improving delivery, quality, and efficiency
- maintaining an overview of delivery of key milestones and deadlines of our financial reporting products, such as month end close deliverables, financial recons and VAT, JV, and local government reporting.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience as a hands-on manager, preferably leading a finance team in a large company
- find motivation from creating a working culture characterised by trust and openness, giving constructive feedback, delegating tasks to develop others in your team, and proactively seeking development opportunities for your colleagues
- have a strong technical financial accounting/reporting/controlling background with practical experience of working in audit and/or managing the end-to-end audit cycle
- can demonstrate resource planning, setting performance expectations for teams, and monitoring via relevant KPIs to ensure the delivery of a high quality of services and products to the business
- have experience with stakeholder management, understanding the short/mid/long-term needs of our customers, and translating these into tangible actions and results
- have a proven record of delivering a range of financial services and products to key stakeholders with respect to strict deadlines.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, Senior Manager, on (United Kingdom +44) 7584521987, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.