Operations and technicians
Transmission Operations Manager
Imagine a future where you take charge of the team looking after the world’s two largest offshore transmission assets
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring preparation of an operation and maintenance management program and analysis for cost benefit improvements and optimisations, incl. service improvement analysis, service performance reviews, and statutory inspections on our offshore and onshore substations. You’ll act as a direct line manager for a delivery team with responsibility of all HV, LV, and Mech scopes, incl. helidecks over the transmission assets.
Welcome to HV Specialists
You’ll be part of Transmission team where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure compliancy with contractual obligations towards OFTO in UK and non-UK HV assets, incl. recruitment, development, and management of the Transmission team’s control of all OSS, RCS, and ONSS maintenance scopes and budget charging, as well as cost control, incl. forecasts, when required. You’ll also ensure an agreed format, content, and format of reporting to relevant stakeholders. You’ll work as part of a diverse and highly talented team promoting development, knowledge sharing, and forward-thinking working culture.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing an annual resource plan that specifies how the Transmission team will be resourced and what the competencies on our Transmission assets are, incl. planning and co-ordination of helicopters and CTVs
- managing offshore heli-fuel replenishment and helideck maintenance across our transmission assets
- managing and developing the Transmission team in accordance with the demands of the business and promoting the role of the team within the organisation
- developing, gaining approval for and managing within budgets that maximise availability, add value, and minimise specific costs.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess HSE Knowledge of UK legislation relating to both general safety and electrical safety
- possess in-depth knowledge of electrical systems and HV equipment, incl. UK and EU safety regulations relating to HV work activities
- have experience in heavy industry, incl. designing and building technical departments, developing and implementing process improvements
- have experience in operations and maintenance and project environments, incl. working knowledge of helideck maintenance requirements and operations
- possess technical education, e.g., electrical engineering degree or equivalent experience
- demonstrate proven record of management of operations teams.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 1 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Holder, Technical Site Support Senior Manager, on (United Kingdom +44) 7788384780 from Monday to Thursday from 12:00-16:00 GMT, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.