Strategy and business development
Lead Innovation Developer, North America Ventures & Open Innovation, Offshore
Imagine a future where you help drive the renewable energy revolution forward by shaping our Innovation agenda and lead key partnerships and projects
Join us in this role where you’ll help systematically and strategically source and develop knowledge, technology, and business opportunities from external innovation ecosystems across North America and the globe. You’ll be responsible for working together with other teams in the organization to realize their innovation objectives externally via partnerships, programs, and pilot projects to ensure that we fully utilize the innovation potential of external ecosystems.
Welcome to Innovation
You’ll be part of Ventures & Open Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will follow an impactful and broad agenda focused on strategic innovation and business development, aiming to develop our future contribution beyond the scope of offshore wind. You’ll be focused on the needs of North America region but will feed into the global innovation program. You’ll join a dynamic, international, and collaborative team. We are a distributed team, but we get together virtually every week to connect personally, share wins and learnings, and discuss challenges and solutions. Furthermore, you’ll work closely with our regional teams in North America to ensure alignment with local needs and activities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading relationships with external innovation stakeholders across academics, research institutions, start-ups and start-up organizations, corporates, and government
- identifying and assessing emerging start-ups and technologies for potential pilot projects and investment opportunities
- ideating, scoping, pitching, and generating internal stakeholder buy-in and gaining approval for pilot projects
- leading execution of pilot projects and investment opportunities from concept to completion
- developing and distributing reports on new technologies and trends that will help inform long-term strategic decisions for the organisation
- regularly meeting with key internal stakeholders to stay informed on global and regional strategies, focus areas, and value drivers in their business areas.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience working in or with state or federal government innovation groups or labs
- preferably have experience working in or with corporate innovation and venture groups
- are familiar with working with start-ups, experience working at a start-up or start-up organization is a plus
- have a solid understanding of and ability to communicate on a broad range of topics related to blue tech and green energy
- have a demonstrated ability and desire to self-manage, take initiative, problem solve, and navigate through ambiguity
- have strong organizational skills and experience managing long-term, complex projects from concept to completion.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than January 31, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
The salary range for this role is $154,640 - $173,970