Engineering and construction
Senior LV Power Engineer
Imagine a future where you unleash your potential and contribute to the design and execution of our high voltage AC and DC substations
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the design, quality assurance, and integration of the LV and utility components into onshore and offshore substations from the conceptual phase to detailed design and execution phases. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in the development of innovative technical solutions and in assisting our O&M team.
Welcome to Power Transmission
You’ll be part of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering where you, together with your talented and motivated colleagues, will contribute to the design, sourcing, integration, and execution of the LV scopes within high voltage AC and DC substations, both onshore and offshore. You’ll also work closely with our Asset Integrity team to assist them reducing OPEX costs. You’ll get the opportunity to work in a diverse international team who’ll help you get on board our team and company.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for verifying the design of LV and utility systems on offshore and onshore substations during all project phases, from concept to FAT
- taking ownership and delivering technical specifications, employer requirements, and design basis and verifying calculations associated with the LV and utility components for both ONSS and OSS
- ensuring that the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors have the right quality according to requirements
- participating in FAT/SAT of main LV and utility systems on onshore and offshore substations to support supervision and commissioning activities, as well as handover to our O&M team
- assisting our Asset Integrity Team (O&M) in planning the maintenance campaign, troubleshooting, and taking over new assets from the EPC team
- participating in project team meetings and proactively cooperating and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant degree in electrical engineering and are interested in working with electrical design for onshore and offshore substations
- have extensive experience with technical design requirements for LV and utilities, incl. fire alarm systems, UPS, lightning system, monitoring systems, switchboards, power management system, etc., preferably within offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects
- have hands-on experience with LV power system design and studies, calculations, equipment sizing, and specifications
- have extensive experience with relevant international standards
- have experience from working in maintenance departments and a track record of implementing maintenance improvement plans
- are curious and open for new ways of working with new design processes and are able to collaborate with your team members and all stakeholders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mana Saravi, Head of Elect. ＆ Mech. ENG - US/CE/UK, on (Denmark +45) 24993787 on Tuesdays to Thursdays from 11:00-13:00 CET; Central European Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.