IT and digital
Senior Data Scientist
Imagine a future where you digitize and automate North American onshore’s fleet performance monitoring process.
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect, build and govern data science tools and solutions that provide the foundation for a cloud-based analytics platform for our onshore business unit, tapping into the enterprise solution.
Welcome to Asset performance
You’ll be part of data Science team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for creation, deployment, and maintenance of information to be used by the Asset Performance team, which feeds reports, dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis prepared for the broader Onshore stakeholders. You’ll be communicating with various groups of stakeholders and collaborating with data engineers and performance analysts to provide recommendations on the development of data infrastructures and standards in support of data science discipline and onshore asset performance team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading the identification, development, and presentation of data science models to support the understanding and improvement of wind, solar, and battery storage facility performance
- tackling data science challenges especially on time-series data using supervised, unsupervised, and semi-supervised learning
- assessing and monitoring the organization’s onshore fleet performance by building advanced anomaly detection models
- implementing automated pipelines to efficiently ingest, process, and clean large distributed systems of data using industry best practices
- using classical methods from statistical learning theory and modern methods, such as deep learning, to drive the scientific vision for data science products
- communicating with site representatives, asset managers, and engineers by satisfying analysis requests, identifying performance issues, and supporting initiatives across the fleet.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have three to six years of data science experience using time series data within the energy, science, academic, or related fields
- have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionization, and monitoring of data science products
- are fluent in SQL and Python for data science and visualizations and are proficient in Azure Databricks or similar
- hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics, or related technical field
- demonstrate expertise in machine learning and statistical modelling
- have experience in designing and delivering complex projects.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-12-19. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US,, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.