Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you trade Ørsted’s onshore wind and green supply positions in I-SEM and optimise the portfolio through the market
Join us in this role where you'll trade and optimise our fleet of wind assets and green supply book. You'll develop and implement successful trading strategies and be part of the trading roster which will involve shift hours and weekend work. You'll develop and build an in-depth knowledge about power system fundamentals, the I-SEM energy market, market price drivers, and weather patterns and eventually contribute to the widers team's development.
Welcome to Power Marketing
You’ll be part of Trading and Data Analytics where you, together with your colleagues, will manage our portfolio through creation of trading strategies, optimisation, and market analysis. The role will primarily involve managing our portfolio to pre-defined trading strategies. Once you develop an understanding of the market fundamentals, our trading strategies, and risk management policies, there is the opportunity to progress to more advanced analytical or trading roles within the team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- trading the organisation’s asset and supply positions in the wholesale electricity markets under pre-defined trading strategies and business processes
- working as part of the trading roster, which will involve shift hours and weekend work
- managing the organisation’s exposure to the balancing market by rebalancing asset positions closer to delivery
- liaising with wind farm operational teams and the wider team as necessary to facilitate efficient management of the asset positions
- familiarising with and contributing to the development of all internal trading processes and tools.
To succeed in the role, you:
- demonstrate an interest in power markets or the wider energy transition, or an interest in trading commodities, equities, and stocks
- hold a minimum of a 2.1 honours degree in a relevant discipline, such as mathematics, computer science, engineering, physics, or finance
- have excellent analytical skills, a high level of numeracy, and excellent attention to detail, experience in SQL, Python, or equivalent would be advantageous
- have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate willingness to learn new power system fundamentals, trading strategies, and detailed analytical techniques.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 7th October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Neil Holland, Trader, on +353863370757 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.