Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Head of Consents - UK Development
Imagine a future where you lead the UK Consents Development team of talented environmental professionals, delivering our future UK projects
Join us in this role where you’ll line manage the Consents Development team, ensuring the development and welfare of the team so that they can thrive in their roles, whilst supporting project and business objectives through the provision of appropriate resourcing and advice on consenting issues and processes. It’ll be your role to interpret the business needs and use your experience to support delivery of successful applications through the development project teams.
Welcome to Environment and Consents UK
You’ll be part of the Consents UK line management team where you, together with your colleagues, will achieve the successful delivery of department objectives to ensure award of key consents within agreed timeframes and scope. The management team looks at issues across the portfolio and has an ongoing programme of implementation of improvements and lessons learned. We have a strong team environment and aim for the welfare of team to be prioritised and delivered through our internal processes and team innovations. You'll also ensure that QHSE, training, and compliance are all important focus areas for the team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing direction, coaching, and supporting team members to deliver objectives and personal development
- supporting successful delivery of department objectives to ensure award of key consents within agreed timeframes and scope
- ensuring compliance, quality, and consistency of the outputs of the projects, advising where change is necessary
- leading and supporting relationships with key external stakeholders and resolving issues as needed
- actively participating in the E&C Management team, leading cross functional workstreams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor's degree in a relevant subject, such as an environmental science or equivalent experience within the offshore wind industry
- have experience with line management of a team, or day to day management of consultants, that demonstrates you understand how to build a team
- understand the offshore wind industry, the changing landscape as we increase activity towards net zero and can see solutions for the current challenges
- can communicate well with stakeholders and seek to build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- are a lifelong learner, able to keep up with technical subjects, and provide consenting advice based on your experience.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 02 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Natasha Litten, Head of Consents - UK, on (United Kingdom +44) 7788713391 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.