Engineering and construction
Senior Blade Specialist
Imagine a future where you're part of the integrity evaluation of assets when operating on the world’s biggest offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll focus on the integrity and operational lifetime of the WTG rotor blades. You’ll join the Asset Integrity Management team, who play a key role in the maintenance of the blades and foundations in our global fleet. You’ll perform Risk Evaluations, Integrity Reporting, and technical evaluations of data from the global inspections and remediation campaigns.
Welcome to Asset Integrity Management
You’ll be part of our operational Blades and Structural team where you, together with your colleagues, will drive the integrity cases and recommend optimal solutions to ensure that the asset can be operated safely with the optimal business case. Our team works in close collaboration with many stakeholders, our joint venture partners, the sites, the regions, warranty, procurement, and the original equipment manufacturers, as well as with many specialists.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing technical project management support related to blade inspection and remediation campaigns
- providing asset integrity assessment and reporting
- ensuring technical ownership and supporting potential warranty claims towards WTG suppliers
- ensuring technical evaluation of retrofit solutions and driving operational improvement projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have very good communication skills in English, enabling you to convey complex issues in a simple yet precise manner on technical and commercial matters
- are self-driven, results-oriented, and have a systematic approach to your work tasks
- have an open and curious mind, an eagerness to understand challenging subjects, and a willingness to constantly drive tasks forward and improve our way of working
- have technical experience working with structural components and preferably WTG rotor blades
- preferably have Finite Element experience, though this is not a must
- possess an engineering background and/or experience working with composite materials.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.