IT and digital
Senior SCADA Engineer
Imagine a future where you take active part in developing SCADA systems for one of the world’s most innovative energy companies
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for configuring controls on offshore wind turbines and power plants while securing data acquisition. You’ll work with various SCADA domain experts across Europe and Malaysia. We’ll support your personal and professional growth by enhancing your capabilities within AVEVA (Wonderware and OSIsoft) platforms, SCADA communication, networking protocols, and SAFe Agile methods for teamwork.
Welcome to Platform, Integration & Data
You’ll be part of one of the SCADA teams where you, together with your colleagues, will support our internal SCADA users globally. Our two teams are on a growth journey and foster a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment where you’ll learn from the best and get to work on challenging projects. We build new features, maintain current solutions, and offer end user support 24/7. We take full ownership, offer flexibility, and value the opportunity of being onsite at our office regularly to form a sense of team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and supporting central SCADA systems, based on AVEVA Solutions (Wonderware and OSIsoft)
- planning, upgrading, installing, configuring, supporting, and maintaining system and application servers with their interface requirements included to connect to local site-specific SCADA systems
- solving incident tickets within the SLA, planning and patching support on all systems, and being on duty to lend support in connection with major incidents
- controlling power plant site upgrades such as T2000 to T3000 as well as setting up new connections and securing a stable operation of these systems
- expansion of grid services in the SCADA systems and supporting business applications/V-Node plans.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a high level of SCADA skills and have experience with AVEVA systems, preferable Wonderware or Osisoft
- can combine your SCADA skills with applied system design thinking
- have knowledge and experience with developing and maintaining central SCADA systems, serving as middleware in a flow from physical media to user analysis of data series
- are experienced with industrial communication protocols, such as OPC DA, XML and UA, IEC 104, and Modbus
- have experience with MS SQL Server system administration, SQL query, and MS Windows Server system administration and can discuss the requirements and tasks in cooperation with our Windows Server and network delivery teams.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michal Bartos, Head of Trading, Integration ＆ Middleware, on (+48 Poland) 507367039 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.