Engineering and construction
Geotechnical or Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in addressing complex offshore geotechnical engineering challenges for the development of offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be delivering high-quality geotechnical engineering input to foundation design, installation assessments, power cable engineering, and more. You’ll be deeply involved in a suite of geotechnical tasks ranging from analysing data from field and laboratory testing to programming new in-house tools for use across all our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to GEO
You’ll be part of our Geotechnical Assessment team where you, together with your colleagues, will be analysing large geotechnical datasets, interpreting soil parameters, and using in-house tools and coding in your daily routine. We offer exciting opportunities for you to develop strong skills in soil mechanics and site characterisation, and to work in close collaboration with many talented people from around the world who are passionate about offshore geotechnics and enjoy working together as a team.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing geotechnical support to our offshore wind farms and your colleagues, ensuring high-quality and state-of-the-art deliverables
- receiving, managing, and analysing large geotechnical datasets to provide high-quality site characterisations and engineering soil properties for facility design and installation assessments
- planning, scoping, and executing offshore geotechnical site investigations and advanced laboratory testing campaigns
- reporting the engineering soil properties in a detailed, transparent, and consistent way and assist in obtaining certification and regulatory approval
- taking active part in the execution of different R&D activities as well as programming of new in-house tools to optimise the geotechnical data analyses.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a university degree in geotechnical engineering, civil engineering, or equivalent - a master’s or PhD degree in these fields is highly advantageous
- have a genuine interest in soil mechanics and geotechnical site characterisation
- are experienced in programming in different languages, e.g., Python, Matlab, etc., and have experience working with large datasets, data engineering, and processing
- are able to take personal responsibility and accountability and work with different tasks in parallel
- have a ‘can do’ attitude with strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 4 SEPTEMBER 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For Poland position, please don’t hesitate to contact Amin Aghakouchak, , on (United Kingdom +44) 7899040769 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (home and office-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.