Engineering and construction
Offshore Installation Manager
Imagine a future where you support the development of renewable energy in the US, playing a key role in the installation of some of the country’s first commercial-scale offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll initially become a member of a diverse international team responsible for the transport and installation of foundations and offshore structures for several offshore wind farms off the US north-eastern seaboard.
Welcome to Foundations & Offshore Structures Installation
You’ll be part of Foundations & Offshore Structures Installation where there is an inclusive and dynamic working environment and where you collaborate closely with many internal and external stakeholders in a global, industry-leading organization. Together with your colleagues, you’ll take responsibility for transport and installation activities by directing and coordinating main contractors and subcontractors to ensure that they discharge the requirements of their contracts on time and within budget, while ensuring safety for people and the environment.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting projects throughout the execution phase by ensuring the contractors’ processes and procedures are of the highest technical standard
- ensuring quality and safety best practice and compliance with company standards
- working in close cooperation with engineers and installation managers across scopes and departments to achieve the best outcome and results for our company
- contributing to the continual development of installation execution activities and best practices
- capturing and implementing lessons learned and new solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a positive, can-do attitude, a keen eye for opportunities, and a strong drive to understand, challenge, improve, and optimize
- hold a relevant bachelor’s degree and have some technical aptitude – some knowledge of offshore structures and the offshore environment is a plus
- have a keen interest in the green energy transition
- are prepared to travel, within the US and internationally, to visit sites and represent the company during execution activities
- possess good communication skills and are fluent in written and spoken English
- are curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem-solving and enjoy knowledge-sharing and collaborating with colleagues.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 15, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.