Strategy and business development
JV Deal Manager
Imagine a future where you get to help establish high-value and sustainable partnerships
Join us in this role where you’ll be performing prospective partner due diligence (determining rationale for partnering and fit relative to our company), engaging in early-stage negotiations, and supporting the partnership through the establishment of joint venture (JV) agreements (in collaboration with multiple internal stakeholders). Additionally, the role would be responsible for improve on our company’s best practices as they relate to JV deal-making and ensuring lessons are learned and better JVs are established.
Welcome to NA JV & Asset Management
You’ll be part of a dynamic team where you, together with your colleagues, will help deliver on our growth strategy by leading the establishment of new JVs and partnerships in our offshore wind portfolio.
You’ll play an important role in:
- engaging in scoping discussions with prospective partners, performing partner due diligence, selecting preferred partner(s), and owning patent relationships
- supporting the development and execution of our M&A / partnership growth strategy and the development of commercial partnership business cases
- coordinating across internal stakeholders, maturing the business case, optimizing commercial opportunities, and developing JV and Asset Management Excellence capabilities within the company
- developing partnerships, and providing input to HOAs, MOUs, and formal JV agreements
- serving as a member of the joint partnership forums (e.g. SteerCo) and ensuring that best-in-class governance practices are in place and optimized within the partnership
- leading the transition and handover to the JV manager and managing the company’s legal obligations in connection with the JV and other commercial agreements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a solid understanding of business concepts and excellent commercial acumen
- have a broad understanding of M&A, partnerships, and JVs as well as experience with complex projects, transactions, and the end-to-end deal-making process
- have extensive experience and excellence in leadership, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to manage internal and external stakeholders
- have experience effectively communicating complicated commercial concepts with the appropriate degree of substance and nuance for various stakeholders
- can demonstrate established project management abilities, including effective problem structuring, consensus building, and thriving in a culture of accountability
- have experience successfully navigating large organizations and working flexibly and cross-functionally outside of established processes or structures.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than August 15, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll meet with prospective JV partners as well as attend workshops with other key stakeholders.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.