Project Manager, WTG technical sourcing (TSA)
Imagine a future where you deliver ace project management within technical sourcing of Wind Turbine Generators, helping to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll manage and plan the technical part of the ITT, as well as review received tenders, lead clarification meetings, and run TSA negotiations with the supplier’s sales team and technical experts. You’ll report to the sourcing manager and be the accountable technical sourcing manager for the Scope of Works, Employer’s Requirements, and QHSE. You’ll be responsible for preparing all technical documents before the contract is signed by senior management. You’ll set up, run, and manage the technical team.
Welcome to Power Generation, Wind Turbines, Technical Project Management
You’ll be part of our team of WTG technical sourcing managers and WTG technical project managers for execution where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for establishing Employer’s Requirements in the invitation to tender and/or in the TSA, ensuring the Employer’s Requirements are in accordance with the overall procurement strategy for the project and signed off by relevant subject matter experts and line functions. You’ll be responsible for stakeholder alignment and coordination, ensuring implementation of site-specific conditions and lessons learnt in the Scope of Works and in the Employer’s Requirements.
You’ll play an important role in:
- evaluating tender material, quantifying risk and costs associated with reservations to tender, running workflows, and ensuring sign-off on documents
- ensuring implementation of lessons learnt and managing stakeholders
- leading and planning negotiations of WTG TSAs with our suppliers
- managing specifications, Scope of Works, Employer’s Requirements
- assisting the sourcing manager in the EU prequalification process, tender evaluation, and selection of preferred supplier
- setting up and managing technical team and subject matter experts, incl. planning activities and meetings, monitoring progress, and aligning resource requests with line organisation and stakeholders.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess a strong personal drive and commitment and can buy in to our team motto “caring is sharing”
- have extensive contract negotiation experience (preferably TSA/SWAs) managing the contract documents and approval processes to meet the set strategies, objectives, and deadlines, as set out by the sourcing manager
- have significant knowledge of WTG technical and business case drivers, enabling you to establish and negotiate the best TSA possible in respect of Scope, time, risk, and QHSE
- are a highly motivated, structured, and self-driven team player and can create strong relationships with stakeholders
- preferably have a higher engineering degree combined with extensive commercial experience, or a higher commercial/legal degree combined with relevant WTG knowledge
- speak and write English fluently at a high level that enables you to work in a contractual context with suppliers.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 26 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper I. Michelsen, Head of WTG Technical Project Management, on (Denmark +45) 99552566 on Mondays to Thursdays from 13:00-15:00, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.