Strategy and business development
Lead/Senior Lead Business Developer
Imagine a future where you drive the growth of Power to X (P2X) in new global markets for the world’s most sustainable energy company
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key member of our P2X Business Development team, delivering world-class growth opportunities across geographies and technologies. The global P2X industry is in exponential growth, and your decisions will shape the future strategy and footprint of our business. Your success will be supported by talented colleagues across P2X and our leading Onshore and Offshore clean generation businesses.
Welcome to P2X
You’ll be part of our P2X Business Development team where you, together with your colleagues, will pursue opportunities for the production of green hydrogen and e-fuels using electricity generated by clean energy. These technologies will be crucial to achieving the world’s decarbonisation goals, and our company is taking a leading role in the transition. The P2X Business Development team is the growth engine for our P2X business. Team members assess cutting-edge projects around the globe, dealing directly with many of the world’s largest and most innovative companies to drive new business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- analysing new markets to identify P2X projects that meet our strategic, economic, and commercial objectives
- advancing P2X projects by building relationships with external stakeholders and leading a structured process to frame shared objectives and potential misalignment
- coordinating with expert colleagues inside P2X and across our global organisation to enable efficient technical and financial assessment of P2X projects
- representing our company in preliminary negotiations with external parties to agree on key transaction architecture and commercial terms
- preparing and presenting investment recommendations for our executive decision-makers, incl. the Investment Committee
- driving the smooth handover of P2X projects approved by the Investment Committee to our dedicated Transaction and Project teams.
To succeed in the role, you:
- enjoy being an original thinker, using imagination, logic, and sparring with peers to develop solutions to first-of-a-kind problems
- thrive in a fast-growth environment where rapid shifts in landscape require agility and the patience to pivot or start again
- have exceptional communication and influencing skills, building consensus by offering pragmatic proposals that secure our company’s key aims
- manage the timing and quality of deliverables from multiple stakeholders, bringing your commercial judgement to make decisive recommendations
- have experience working within a growth-focussed position, ideally in the international power, infrastructure, or energy markets
- have a relevant academic and professional background, e.g., within economics, finance, engineering, management consultancy, or corporate development.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For Denmark, the Netherlands, and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations UK by email on talentacquisitionUK@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Taiwan, please don’t hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition Operations TW by email on talentacquisitionTW@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we’re happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be involved in the pursuit of new P2X opportunities in global markets.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.