Engineering and construction
Process Engineers for Hydrogen and P2X (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in delivering on our ambition within renewable hydrogen and P2X e-fuels to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the process design for Hydrogen and P2X e-fuel projects in different stages of maturity and you’ll work on hydrogen, methanol, ammonia, and jet-fuel projects together with your experienced colleagues.
Welcome to Ørsted Hydrogen/P2X
You’ll be part of the experienced Ørsted Hydrogen/P2X team where you, together with your colleagues, will share the common objective of value creation. We offer a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and lean team backed up by a large organisation. You’ll be involved in the early stages of project development, through concept selection, engineering, tendering, construction, and commissioning. Also, you’ll be part of the owner’s team managing external engineering and equipment suppliers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the work package lead for process engineering reporting to the overall technical project manager in the late development (FEED) and construction stages of a project
- being the technical lead reporting to the project manager in the early stages of a project (pre-feasibility/feasibility studies)
- continuously building up our process design knowledge and capabilities to support our hydrogen and P2X activities as part of the core technology team
- preparing process diagrams, calculations, PIDs, and system design
- managing internal and external interfaces to other technical packages e.g., civil, mechanical, and electrical.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have successfully completed a degree in chemical or process engineering
- have experience from industries like hydrogen, ammonia, methanol, synthetic fuels, large chemical plant, refineries, or other heavy process industry
- have experience in preparing specifications and managing equipment packages
- have experience with start-up and troubleshooting of complicated process plants
- have experience in managing engineering contractors.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For DE, DK, UK, and the Netherlands, please don’t hesitate to contact Niels Jensen, Head of Technology, on (Denmark +45) 99555089 if you’d like to know more about the position. Please note that Niels Jensen, the Hiring Manager for this position, will be available from 4 August onwards to answer potential questions regarding the application.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll engage with the team based in our two locations in Denmark as well as in Germany, Netherlands, and the UK. In the construction phase there will be periods where you will be on site.
We are offering several positions where you can choose freely between London UK, Hamburg, Germany, The Hague, Netherlands, Skærbæk or Gentofte in Denmark.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.