Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you maintain the assets of onshore utility-scale solar, wind, and storage portfolios and are responsible for the efficient operation of renewable power plants
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for overseeing the Balance of Plant (BOP) activities of a site facility, substations, collection/interconnect systems, roads, and MET equipment, including repairs, inspections, outages, and maintenance. You’ll also oversee the site’s electrical, high voltage (HV), and substation support and response activities.
Welcome to Onshore Asset Management
You’ll be part of Asset Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will assist in the daily operations of multiple renewable power plants. You’ll help manage site safety, reliability, and budget metrics.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing all operations and maintenance activities for BOP assets within the established operating guidelines to minimize lost production, maximize commercial availability, and ensure safety
- maintaining compliance with all pertinent HV OSHA safety requirements as well as following company policies and procedures
- monitoring and providing oversight of the performance of turbine operations and the maintenance service provider
- adhering to specifications and procedures related to switching, safety, and testing equipment
- aiding in the implementation of maintenance programs and schedules for interconnect and collection systems
- maintaining regulatory compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have knowledge of and experience with running effective safety programs, practices, and procedures
- have solid leadership skills and the ability to coach, mentor, motivate, and develop employees to form a highly aligned, motivated, and engaged team
- are motivated, accountable, solution-oriented, and willing to take ownership and function effectively in a time-sensitive environment of rapid change and conflicting demands
- have a technical background in electrical systems and electrical generation substations, both regarding control and high voltage AC/DC circuitry
- have knowledge of technical drawings and schematics and the ability to use and understand technical language
- are familiar with NERC and other regulatory requirements.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 27, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com on, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.