Sourcing/Senior Sourcing Manager
Imagine a future where you play a pivotal role in developing our offshore wind farm projects by sourcing our HVDC/HVAC power transmission assets in global markets
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a diverse team of 15 procurement professionals, holding responsibility for the procurement of our Power Transmission assets, incl. onshore and offshore substations, of both HVDC and HVAC technologies.
Welcome to Transmission Sourcing
You’ll be part of Transmission Sourcing where you, together with your colleagues, will create, shape, and lead our sourcing efforts from end to end to deliver the best-in-class CAPEX agreement. You’ll work together with a multidisciplinary project team, where you’ll play a vital role in driving the commercial strategy and negotiations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting negotiation strategies and leading intensive commercial and contractual negotiations to achieve best business results
- developing sourcing strategies for specific asset project(s) with established risk and opportunity understandings
- contributing to the transformation process when implementing the chosen contracting strategies through the sourcing processes with a ‘change’ mind-set
- commercially project managing the end-to-end sourcing process by coordinating with a multidisciplinary project team
- acting as a liaison between Ørsted and suppliers with aligned communication strategies
- managing stakeholders both internally and towards JV partners to ensure aligned agenda and decision making.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are an experienced negotiator with experience in identifying value drivers and secure best business results in adverse market environments
- have experience within onshore construction, offshore construction, and/or HV electrical systems, with knowledge of FIDIC contracts being a plus
- have a degree in law, economics, business, engineering, or similar
- have a strong commercial mindset and drive deliveries together with a cross- disciplinary team
- have Expert Procurement core skills and broad knowledge to engage in other Project tasks outside your core function as needed in the projects
- have strong experience working with large CAPEX procurement for highly complicated technical scopes in heavy industry.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Yuan Liu, Head of Transmission Sourcing, on +4599556735 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.