Engineering and construction
SCADA Substation Control Systems Engineer to
Imagine a future where you play a key role in delivering SCADA substation control systems for our future wind farms as a part of our green journey
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for driving the technical aspects for all engineering phases of the substation control system in relation to our offshore wind farms. Your tasks include working with specification designs and implementation of wind farm automation systems, as well as technical project management of all automation deliverables.
Welcome to SCADA
You’ll be part of our SCADA SCS Execution team where you, together with your colleagues, will specify and drive the SCADA substation control system, from early development to final handover. You’ll be a part of a project team responsible for the delivery of the combined wind farm in projects around the world. Our SCADA SCS engineers are an important asset to the electrical system as the substation control system is the brain of the wind farm.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling project related contractual and technical communication with contractors
- ensuring that the correct cyber security level is implemented on the SCADA systems to fulfil country-specific and global company requirements
- developing standard technical requirements and solutions within SCADA and SCS in collaboration with customers
- managing all project related activities required for the SCADA and SCS delivery
- managing FAT, SAT, SIT, as well as commissioning, and subsequent handover to O&M, incl. general follow-up.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with the design, specification, configuration, and test of general SCADA and substation control systems from a similar industry, preferably within the energy sector
- have thorough knowledge of relay protection, GOOSE communication, and relevant communication protocols for power system automation, such as IEC 60870-5-101/104 and IEC61850
- thrive in an international environment with the ability to convey complex issues to internal and external stakeholders
- have a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with at least 10 years’ experience implementing automation systems
- have extensive experience with SCADA networks in high-voltage production environments.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 27, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.