Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Manager of Government Affairs and Policy, New York
Imagine a future where take up the exciting challenge of supporting the establishment and expansion of Ørsted Offshore in the North American market
Join us in this role where you’ll have the opportunity to be part of our growing U.S. team and help deliver on the company’s overall U.S. market growth objectives. You’ll be responsible for setting and shaping the company’s legislative and regulatory agenda to positively impact the emerging offshore wind market in North America.
Welcome to Corporate Affairs
You’ll be part of a dynamic team where you, together with your colleagues, will develop and maintain positive working relationships with the Governor’s office, state agencies, members of the legislature, and local elected officials. You’ll coordinate with the Federal Affairs team to engage the New York Congressional delegation and advance relevant federal legislative and regulatory priorities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- formulating and implementing political strategies to advance Ørsted ‘s market interests in concert with the Northeast Government Affairs and Market Strategy team and other business units
- actively tracking and advancing relevant state legislation and regulation to support market objectives
- establishing Ørsted as a thought leader on state-level issues affecting offshore wind, including coordination with the brand and communications teams
- promoting Ørsted’s interests by serving as the primary point of contact to our regional industry trade associations, and forging alliances with other potentially interested stakeholder groups
- closely coordinating and maintaining regular channels of communication with government affairs counterparts at Eversource, our joint venture partner in the Northeast
- helping to manage and coordinate external government affairs consultants.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least 5 years’ experience in governmental affairs
- have established a broad and bipartisan network of relationships in state and local government, and are able to work independently and with a wide range of stakeholder interests
- be an active member of the community/market in which the position is based
- preferably have knowledge of policies and programs applicable to clean energy technologies
- are a team player with a professional track record of adding value through collaborative work with colleagues
- possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than June 13, 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements. Flexible work-from-home arrangements can be accommodated.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be based in New York State and will travel regionally to represent the company in person on a regular basis.
Expected salary-range for this position is $170,000 - $180,000.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.