Public affairs, regulatory and legal
Senior Regulatory Analyst on Green Waste solutions
Imagine a future where you drive and assess the regulatory framework for pioneering opportunities within waste handling and new green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be a key player in expanding our portfolio of green fuels and waste-to-energy projects and making Renescience deliver. Renescience is our company’s proprietary waste-to-energy technology, while we’re developing hydrogen projects for decarbonisation of transportation, ammonia, and industrial processes. In essence, you’ll analyse the relevant regulatory matters in the UK and on EU-level and identify potential improvements.
Welcome to Regulatory Affairs
You’ll be part of our Energy Economics team where you, together with your colleagues, will work on a wide set of regulatory questions relevant for a diverse set of technologies such as offshore wind power, Power-to-X, bioenergy, and new related business opportunities, including the Renescience waste-to-energy technology. By ensuring proximity to our projects and facilitating engagement with relevant UK stakeholders, you’ll be based at our Victoria office in London, with the rest of the team being in Copenhagen.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving our strategy and stakeholder dialogues based on regulatory analyses of the key business framework for Renescience and potentially other new business areas, including Power-to-X, CDRs, or CCUS
- supporting commercial decisions with regulatory analysis and by sharing the results in a precise and understandable manner
- following and analysing the development of relevant European and UK waste and energy policies, including regulation and incentives for recycled carbon fuels and sustainable aviation fuels.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in economics, engineering, or similar as well as experience with project management
- can lead your daily work independently and lead the development of best practices
- possess strong analytical skills and a rational and strategic approach to your work tasks and processes
- are a skilled communicator with flair for stakeholder management, and with the ability to communicate complex information to non-expert stakeholders
- have experience working in the energy or waste sector, preferably having experience with policymakers or regulators.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 May 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Øyvind Vessia, Head of Energy Economics, on +4599556980 if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.