Engineering and construction
Energy Storage Engineer
Imagine a future where you support the technical challenges faced in operations of wind, solar, and energy storage assets
Join us in this role where you’ll collaborate with your team to solve complex and basic engineering problems faced by the portfolio of assets under operations in Americas. Your team provides practical and efficient solutions to these problems using the tools available and works with our OEMs to ensure we are meeting our contractual obligations. As Energy Storage Engineer, you oversee the operations of our energy storage systems, develop solutions, and implement best practices.
Welcome to Operations Engineering
You’ll be part of the Low Voltage and Mechanical Team where you, together with your colleagues, will support Offshore and Onshore operations of WTG, solar, and battery storage. We’ll liaise with multiple functions across the business to maintain availability targets for wind and solar production sites. As a team, we are technically responsible for mechanical and electrical components of the US Onshore and Offshore wind turbines, incl. energy storage. We encourage collaboration across the team and technologies and bright, curious, and innovative mindsets open to continuous improvement.
You’ll play an important role in:
- investigating energy storage functionality and evaluating whether conditions are outside of contractual guarantees
- supporting the delivery of regional availability and reliability KPIs through the development of short-term and long-term improvement plans
- managing and taking responsibility for blade-related negotiations between our organization and the OEMs
- being responsible for providing site input to, and the reviewing of, planned maintenance programmes
- ensuring investigation and high focus on major down time drivers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience working with large scale energy storage
- have competency and experience in tracking the testing and implementation of new technical solutions on-site
- are someone motivated towards continuous improvement with a curious demeanour and dedicated personality
- are organized and have experience managing time and activities effectively
- can provide good insight to quality management and reliability of energy storage systems through specifications for materials, manufacturing processes, inspections, testing, and verification
- understand energy storage system failure modes.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll have the opportunity to visit operational sites, conferences, and internal meetings.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.