Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you employ your Modern C++ coding skills in our quantitative framework for decision support, risk managing, and Strategic prioritisations
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team with several quantitative developers responsible for developing, managing, and operating our calculational framework. The framework includes Monte-Carlo- based calculation engines written in Modern C++, GUI interfaces in C#, Python integration Full stack Web-applications, PostgreSQL databases, and Linux servers. In short – plenty of opportunities to influence, drive, and learn about anything and everything in a modern open-source Linux environment with a little Microsoft Windows on top.
Welcome to Trading and Revenue
You’ll be part of Exposure Analytics where you, together with your colleagues, will drive optimisation, valuation, and decision support for power and gas, be it natural gas, biogas, or hydrogen, in the future energy system. You’ll be part of a highly skilled and engaged team that enjoys a fun and challenging working environment, and work with many stakeholders across the organization.
You’ll play an important role in:
- setting up, maintaining, and operating the models and tools used for optimising both our Power and Gas Portfolio
- continuously developing and renewing tools and models to the business together with colleagues to ensure alignment with market conditions
- delivering high-quality quantitative analyses and using your skills to translate mathematics to operational decision making
- setting standards to improve our code quality and shape the way we deploy solutions to production
- helping to ensure operational excellence of the Power and Gas Portfolio.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have completed a degree within computer science, engineering, data science, mathematics, statistics, physics, or other quantitative-focused disciplines
- are a team player with strong technical skills, motivated by understanding the business and transforming requirements into IT-solutions with a variety of stakeholders in an international, English-speaking environment
- have experience working with Modern C++ and preferably previously deployed to and managed RedHat servers or containerised applications
- have a passion for and experience with mathematical models, such as Monte Carlo Simulations, stochastic optimisation, option pricing, or linear programming
- have experience with or are interested in learning more about the global energy markets and how to manage a broad portfolio of assets
- adapt well to change and are constantly looking to challenge the norms to do things better.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]]. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact [[vpOfStaffingName]], [[contactPersonTitle]], on [[vpOfStaffingPhone]], if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.