Imagine a future where you’re a key contributor to creating a world that runs entirely on green energy by sourcing construction services for offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of our Heavy Lifting procurement team which is globally responsible for the Heavy Lifting installation category for our offshore wind farms. You’ll play a key role in sourcing offshore construction services. You’ll also manage the tender process from defining the tender strategy to delivering the signed contracts within the agreed time and budget. We offer an international working environment where you’ll collaborate closely with technical colleagues in a dedicated sourcing team. As we aim to fill more positions, we can cater for different levels of seniority.
Welcome to Global Wind
You’ll be part of Heavy Lifting Sourcing where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for a wide range of supply chain and procurement activities throughout the lifecycle of an offshore wind farm. The Heavy Lifting installation category comprises offshore transport and installation of foundations, wind turbine generators, and substations. You’ll work with a wide range of regional and global suppliers and interact with the global and regional organisation. As a team, we all contribute to our department where we value knowledge sharing and caring for each other.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing the tendering process until contract award, clarifying and evaluating bids, preparing and negotiating terms and conditions, and recommending and awarding suppliers
- ensuring alignment across internal and external colleagues and stakeholders throughout your tender processes
- aligning across the project portfolio, and with our category management team, to ensure integration of overall module sourcing strategies
- safeguarding that all sourcing activities are conducted in compliance with our sourcing processes and systems
- getting the sourcing team to collaborate and enjoy working in the team
- handing signed contracts over to the appointed contract manager for conducting contract execution.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a technical, commercial, legal, or similar master’s degree
- have an interest in construction activities and some technical flair
- have past procurement experience and take pride in delivering excellent commercial results, in combination with the right technical solutions
- have a systematic approach to your tasks and a proactive mindset
- have excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- speak and write English fluently.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2 October 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Susan Hove Olsen, Head of Sourcing Heavylift Installation, on (Denmark +45) 99559336, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.