IT and digital
Lead Software Engineer
Imagine a future where you design tools on platforms that monitors signal stability quality on wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll develop stability analysis tools for wind farms and perform investigations on power system dynamics. You`ll be a part of our diverse IT department consisting of over 500 passionate, skilled colleagues, working closely with different business units across the globe.
Welcome to Software Engineering Competency Centre
You’ll be part of Engineering ART – Power Systems Stability where you, together with your colleagues, will create business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for engineering, focusing on data processing, quality assurance, and report generation tools. Our team collaborates closely with business units within a full-blown agile environment while embracing a supportive, friendly working culture where we prioritise growth and collaboration. As a team, we collaborate to ideate and create tools focused on assuring the quality of models and methods to perform stability analysis in wind farms and power systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating business value by developing and maintaining extended functionality on IT products for Engineering
- creating and maintaining software solutions for both internal users and external customers and vendors
- participating in daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint planning ceremonies with your colleagues, while ensuring the optimisation of the agile development process.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have knowledge in Azure DevOPS, or experience in other cloud technologies, Docker, and Kubernetes
- have excellent programming proficiency in Python, preferably with exposure in Angular Framework
- have a good understanding of web concepts, incl. REST and FastAPI Framework
- have good knowledge of design patterns, good practices, and clean code
- are proactive, with strong analytical skills, and can lead other developers by example and support requirements coming from business stakeholders.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 September 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Partner, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.