Strategy and business development
IPR Specialist (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you drive the intellectual property rights and play a vital role in shaping the future of the global leader in offshore wind
Join us in this role where you'll be responsible for driving the global IPR strategy, executing strategic IP activities, working with patents, trademarks, business agreements, and understanding the business needs and market trends in the energy industry. You’ll work closely with the team to set future direction and identify challenges and opportunities. Due to the nature of Ørsted Wind Power as a technology integrator, the variety of IP tasks is very broad and the focus of the IPR Specialist will be to understand the business context and ensure adaptation of the IPR strategy and approach to the needs of the business as well as excellent collaboration across functions.
Welcome to Innovation
You’ll be part of our Innovation Portfolio Management team where you, together with your colleagues, will work closely together with our inventors and development project teams to identify and secure patent applications or trade secret protection of new inventions. You may also be negotiating and concluding license agreements or providing IPR guidance on cooperation agreements or NDAs and ensuring a high level of understanding and execution of the global IPR strategy. The position will entail building significant industry knowledge within the renewable sector and being exposed to both external and internal stakeholders across the organisation. As a team, we work collaboratively to deliver excellent recommendations, know-how and guidance to our stakeholders, while maintaining a fun, inclusive, and dynamic environment with a strong focus on psychological safety and well-being.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being proactive in the organisation and establishing network to be a trusted advisor as IPR representative to relevant stakeholders
- defining and running strategic IP activities where you, together with the IPR team and senior management, based on deep analytics and a clear thought process, will set the future direction on IP matters
- driving the process of identifying inventions, determining protection strategy, and working with external patent agents to prepare patent applications or writing, prosecuting, and managing them yourself
- providing guidance on cooperation agreements with third parties on IP and NDAs and negotiating license agreements with external patent holders
- working on defensive IPR tasks, e.g., patent landscaping and Freedom to Operate analyses
- developing internal training and awareness material and conducting training courses on IPR strategy and implementation of relevant processes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive and all-round experience from a similar IP function in a private company or as a consultant, preferably in Europe
- have a completed degree in law, business law, engineering, or similar from a technical university
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- preferably have a qualified patent attorney background.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 June 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kamilla Beyer Hyldgaard, Head of Innovation Portfolio Management, on (Denmark +45) 99551062, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.