Operations and technicians
Vibration Monitoring Specialist
Imagine a future where you monitor for Offshore Operations, continuously improving our world-class vibration condition monitoring
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for performing the daily vibration condition monitoring of Ørsted’s fleet of Offshore Wind Turbines. Part of our vibration monitoring is delegated to our 24/7 monitoring and control center, and it will be your role to guide, train, and assist control center operators in event handling and vibration diagnostic analysis.
Welcome to Global Operations, Diagnostics
You’ll be part of Global Operations, Diagnostics, a dedicated team of experienced vibration diagnostic specialists, where you, together with your colleagues, will handle the development and the operation of drive train condition monitoring. You’ll get a central role in our operational set-up for condition-based maintenance of our assets. As a team, we respect and encourage diverse personalities, educational, and professional backgrounds. We strive for quality over quantity and focus on value-driven deliverables.
You’ll play an important role in:
- daily vibration condition monitoring of our fleet of offshore wind turbines, and case follow-up, from fault detection to component exchange
- providing second-level support, guidance, and instructions to our 24/7 monitoring team which handles part of the vibration monitoring, incl. taking ownership for the resolution of critical incidents and follow-up
- building and maintaining business intelligence reports for internal and external stakeholders, exposing the status of e.g., drive train reliability issues
- supporting maintenance logistics of drive train components by interfacing with our many stakeholders at operational sites and global support functions
- continuously improving tools and processes supporting daily operation, in close cooperation with the rest of the Vibration Diagnostics team and software developers.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering degree, preferably within mechanical engineering, with knowledge about measurement systems, machine dynamics, and signal processing
- have an interest in and a willingness to master vibration condition monitoring of rotating machinery
- have some knowledge of scientific programming, e.g., Python and SQL, and preferably experience with BI-reporting, e.g., Power BI
- can showcase interest in process development and implementation, facilitating training and documenting procedures and work instructions
- have a self-driven attitude and constantly seek efficiency gains in tools and work processes
- have good communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with a large stakeholder base.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For DK and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Pallavi Kapoor Manga, Head of Diagnostics, on (Denmark +45) 99552644 on Tuesdays and Fridays between 13:00-14:30 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have your primary stakeholders in Europe.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.