IT and digital
Head of IT, Ørsted North America
Imagine a future where you lead the development and delivery of IT for the Americas.
Join us in this role where you’ll head an organisation of approx. 25-30 people and be responsible for the delivery and operation of our IT products and services in the US. The office is placed in the Ørsted’s Digital Hub in Newark, New Jersey, and you’ll report to the Head of Global IT Service Operations.
Welcome to IT Service Operations
You’ll be part of US IT where you, together with your colleagues, will invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. As a team, we cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment, and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
You’ll play an important role in:
- establishing and maintaining good relations with senior stakeholders in the US, local authorities, and others
- leading the development of the organisation in close cooperation with your colleagues, both locally and globally
- overall delivery of IT services and products as well as the day-to-day operations in cooperation with the relevant global delivery teams in matrix structure
- managing the Global IT Service Operations management team and other relevant management fora, the administration, and supporting functions in the office
- Implementing the IT strategy for our Region North America.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed degree in business administration, preferably with specialisation in IT management
- have significant experience in general management or IT management
- have some experience in managing IT organisations, preferably from the same or comparable industries
- have a proactive and structured approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and thrive in an international environment
- possess the drive and passion of a senior executive coupled with integrity and strong team orientation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 30, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.