Engineering and construction
Head of Wind Farm PM Europe/UK
Imagine a future where you head a team of project managers that lead site characterisation and define our future wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll lead a team of 16 project managers to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery to offshore wind farm projects in the EU/UK. The team is spread across Denmark, Germany, and the United Kingdom and you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive, and open atmosphere, where differences are encouraged.
Welcome to Wind Farm Project Management
You’ll be part of our Wind Farm Project Management, a global leadership team, where you, together with your colleagues, will collaborate closely with your colleagues in Project Development, Construction, and Product Line, to develop and build our future wind farms. Responsibilities for the Project Managers in our regional teams include site characterisation with MetOcean and geo surveys, concept selection, layout, GIS, structural measurements, energy production analysis and business case optimisation. As a team, we project manage over 250 technical specialists in Asset Value Engineering, GEO, and Seabed & Cables.
- planning, recruiting, and functionally managing staff
- ensuring a high level of job satisfaction and motivation within the team, developing employees’ personal and professional competences
- ensuring the continuous development of the department and project managers
- managing and influencing a complex internal stakeholder network and successfully defining strategies and plans for our future projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering, (Project) Management, or a related field
- possess solid knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- possess experience working in a multicultural, international environment
- don’t necessarily check all the points above but if you’re a proactive and quick learner, we would also like to hear from you.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 21 March 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Fris Dahl, Director, on (Denmark +45) 99557326, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.