Finance and controlling
Senior Change Owner for Energy Trading Back Office
Imagine a future where you define and design new processes to support the growth of our Energy Markets division, optimising our renewable energy portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll contribute with your knowledge and experience in developing processes and tools for trade confirmation, regulatory reporting, settlement, and invoicing for our commodity trading business on different markets. You’ll work on implementing our new Energy Trading and Risk Management system and Back Office applications landscape to support data accuracy, data validation, and data reconciliation in one of the world’s most sustainable companies.
Welcome to Global Revenue Services
You’ll be part of Trading Back Office where you, together with your colleagues, will work as part of an agile scrum team to define, develop, and test Back Office processes to support our market trading business. Trading Back Office is primary responsible for securing correct transaction processing and timely cash flow settlement in line with the necessary regulations. You’ll be a part of our team in Warsaw where you’ll work with colleagues across multiple locations. As a team, we work closely together to deliver high-quality services to the business. Our cooperation founds itself on empowerment and trust. We’re curious and ready to learn every day to develop and grow.
You’ll play an important role in:
- defining and designing effective Trading Back Office processes for European Energy Markets, with a focus on the end-to-end value stream
- driving the development and implementation of trade confirmation, regulatory reporting, settlement, and invoicing processes in our new ETRM system, to secure reliable operations
- designing and supporting the implementation of our efficient and scalable Month End Close process to provide accurate, reliable, and transparent financial data for reporting purpose to our stakeholders, in close cooperation with business and IT colleagues
- collaborating with business stakeholders to align their needs and interests in relation to the new ETRM system and new processes
- translating complex business requirements into IT requirements and working with the IT developers to implement and test the emerging solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in economics, finance, business administration, or similar
- have strong analytical skills, are proactive and systematic in your approach to your work tasks, and are capable of handling complex subjects
- have experience working on ETRM system implementation projects and integrating such systems with Back Office tools and accounting systems like SAP
- have experience with change management
- preferably have a good understanding of accounting principles and account reconciliation
- preferably have experience working for an energy company and/or with energy market trading.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 April 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Bartosz Rodzos, , on (Poland +48) 504581610, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.