Engineering and construction
WTG Commissioning Engineer
Imagine a future where you manage a team that commissions offshore wind farm projects in a rapidly growing global offshore wind market
Join us in this role where you’ll play a key part in the success of our offshore wind projects. You’ll manage all commissioning activities for the wind turbine generator (WTG) scope onshore at pre-assembly and offshore until hand-over to the operations and maintenance customer.
Welcome to Fabrication & Commissioning
You’ll be part of Fabrication & Commissioning and work within a strong project matrix organisation. Together with your colleagues, you’ll plan and take care of the entire WTG commissioning scope, while coordinating among stakeholders, managing day to day challenges, and taking risk-based decisions to ensure best quality and earliest possible power generation. As a team, we closely cooperate, share experiences, and support each other.
You’ll play an important role in:
- taking a proactive approach to meet health, safety, and environment (HSE), quality, and reliability targets
- planning and managing scope, time, budget, and resources for supervising the WTG commissioning activities carried out by the WTG contractor and other sub-contractors to ensure contract compliance
- the daily management of WTG commissioning supervisors and inspectors, incl. prioritisation of WTG inspection activities, coordination of absence, receipts, and signing of time sheets
- ensuring WTG commissioning activities comply with internal and external requirements
- reporting WTG commissioning progress to the WTG project manager.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree, and have experience with quality management and risk management
- are highly safety-oriented and have strong focus on quality
- understand people and have professional experience in multicultural teams, preferably across continents
- have professional experience from the offshore industry, preferably within offshore wind
- have self-driven attitude and the ability to cope with an ever-changing project development and execution environment
- possess good spoken and written English skills and have strong communication skills, enabling you to engage with stakeholders on different levels.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 21, 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling within the US and some oversea in relation to your work, as you’ll cooperate with several international stakeholder to execute projects. During the execution phase, you’ll work at the construction site.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.