Strategy and business development
Head of Project Development, P2X
Imagine a future where you lead the development of our first green hydrogen and e-fuels projects in the US
Join us in this role where you’ll oversee project development of green hydrogen and renewable fuels (P2X) production sites. You’ll initially focus on the US, particularly the Texas Gulf Coast. You’ll lead and develop a growing team of developers and technical colleagues as projects are matured, and you’ll report directly to the Head of P2X Americas.
Welcome to P2X Americas
You’ll be part of P2X Americas, a quickly growing team focused on delivering clean fuels produced via renewable electricity into existing and new markets. We’re planning for rapid growth due to a supportive federal policy and our strong renewable generation footprint. Together with your colleagues, you’ll drive the growth of the P2X business in the Americas, with a specific focus on project development and maturing projects from inception to financial investment decision (FID). As a team, we work collaboratively with our colleagues both in the Americas and Europe. We have a culture of inclusion and support the fostering of an innovative mindset and encourage new ideas.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maturing project pipeline to Final Notice to Proceed (FNTP), incl. identifying and resolving project flaws, site selection, securing permitting, regulatory approvals, feedstock, and interconnection
- procuring and overseeing external support and coordinating internally with Technical, Finance, Renewables Development, and Legal teams, as needed
- managing the team and recruiting new team members to deliver goals
- creating development plans, project schedules, and budgets, and maintaining accountability of the Development team to schedule and budget
- providing regular status updates to P2X leadership and preparing project materials for approval stage gates.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 10+ years of project development experience, preferably in the gas and liquids industry and preferably in the Texas Gulf Coast
- have experience within renewable energy, hydrogen, ammonia, and/or methanol, though this is a plus and not a must
- demonstrate tenacity, drive, and creativity when approaching new and unique development challenges
- have a strong working knowledge of technical disciplines sufficient to coordinate the necessary internal and external subject matter experts
- can effectively manage and grow inclusive teams
- have strong organizational, networking, leadership, and time management skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than February 17, 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting project site location as well as traveling to meet colleagues, consultants, and other parties needed to drive the business forward.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.