Operations and technicians
Offshore Pipeline Execution Engineer
Imagine a future where you operate and maintain some of Denmark’s most important offshore pipeline infrastructure in the North Sea
Join us in this role where you’ll become part of a dedicated team involved in all disciplines related to the operation and execution of offshore inspection and maintenance campaigns and asset management of the Danish offshore pipelines. These pipelines bring most of the Danish oil and gas into Denmark. Together, we’re responsible for approx. 800 km of offshore pipelines, incl. the associated subsea structures, risers, and platform facilities. You'll also contribute to studies and development projects supporting our green transition, incl. using pipelines for the transportation of hydrogen or C02.
Welcome to Infrastructure Assets
You’ll be part of our Gas Pipeline Systems & Execution department where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the project management of offshore campaigns, incl. preparation, tendering, execution, and supervision of offshore inspection and maintenance programmes and the subsequent initial integrity assessment. Our department is also responsible for the Emergency Preparedness and Response System, incl. duty rooster, emergency spare parts, handling of emergency situations, and oil spill response management. As a team, we have individual areas of responsibilities, but we all collaborate in safeguarding the integrity of our pipelines, incl. the Oil Pipeline Systems & Integrity department.
You’ll play an important role in:
- participating in the planning, engineering, tendering, contracting, execution and follow up of offshore inspection and maintenance campaigns, incl. inline inspection or pigging activities
- acting as offshore company representative and supervisor onboard contractors’ vessels and on offshore platforms
- liaising with authorities, consultants, contractors, Oil & Gas companies, and other third parties regarding legislation, engineering projects, and asset management and pipeline integrity
- managing Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental (QHSE) risks associated with the operation and maintenance activities, incl. managing the Emergency Preparedness and Response System
- participating in hydrogen and CO2 infrastructure and transportation projects, incl. feasibility engineering and project execution.
To succeed in the role, you:
- encourage a safety culture, which must be embedded in all the work you do
- hold a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, preferably pipeline, mechanical, structural, or hydrodynamic engineering
- have some experience working with project engineering and execution, pipeline integrity and subsea pipeline engineering, and engineering companies, contractors, and suppliers
- have some experience working with Emergency Preparedness and Response Systems
- have some experience working with pipeline operation and maintenance, incl. marine and subsea operations and inspection methods
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently where knowledge of a Scandinavian language is an advantage.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 12 February 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Bunde Hansen, Head of Gas Pipeline Systems & Execution, on (Denmark +45) 99555997 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you're expected to do some travelling in relation to your work. You'll be travelling to our sites in Denmark to meet colleagues and further afield to meet contractors and suppliers in Europe, as well as some travel offshore to platforms or vessels may be foreseen. It’ll be flexible and may be around 10-20% of the time.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.