Finance and controlling
Senior Python Developer for financial risk models
Imagine a future where you help manage our financial risk, ranging from commodities like power and steel to FX exposures
Join us in this role where you’ll face a broad range of tasks, incl. solving technical coding problems, building business solutions, and carrying out ad hoc analyses. Most of the time, you and your colleagues will design, develop, and maintain code and tools in Python and SAS while applying your technical skills to continuously improve and optimise our in-house built risk management platform.
Welcome to Risk Models & Analytics
You’ll be part of Risk Platforms & Development where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for modelling our financial risks. We’re a bright and curious team looking forward to welcoming you as our fifth developer supported by two student assistants. We keep an informal tone and make sure to have common coffee breaks as well as fun during the day. Each member of the team is highly proficient at IT and finance and takes pride in delivering high-quality solutions utilising both skillsets. As a team, we strive to set the direction collectively by designing solutions in groups and then implementing them independently, though with natural room for ongoing collaboration and teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- modernising our risk platform, incl. replacing batched and SAS processes with event-based Python processes
- continuously supporting, improving, and operating our production platforms
- ensuring that we work as efficiently as possible and automate any work process that take time away from development, incl. testing and deployment, etc.
- translating business requirements into high-quality and fit-for-purpose solutions
- challenging existing processes, deliveries, and stakeholders to ensure maximum business impact of new solutions
- supporting the entire team’s transition from SAS to Python.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong coding skills in Python, preferably paired with experience from a professional setting
- are proficient within finance and/or statistics, preferably with an understanding of financial products, e.g., options and futures
- thrive in an informal and team-based atmosphere
- enjoy engaging and collaborating with stakeholders, mainly risk management or IT experts
- can collaborate across teams, functions, locations, and cultures, while also working well independently
- love to read and write code and can see yourself thriving in a position where coding is at the centre of what you do.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 13 February 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Martin Bruun-Hagelund, Manager, on (Denmark +45) 99554208 on Mondays to Fridays from 09:00-17:00 CET if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.