Senior Manager, Financial Controlling, US
Imagine a future where you’re part of the Financial Controlling team, ensuring excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and experience
Join us in this role where you’ll be managing a team responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll also play a large role in process optimization, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC)
You’ll be part of the Financial Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely reporting products. The FAC team is united in supporting each other’s development and delivering on outcomes with integrity and by valuing teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading technical accounting research and policy-setting, incl. implementing and monitoring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- being responsible for the financial controlling and reporting of our North American corporate and joint venture entities
- overseeing the periodic US GAAP reporting for internal and external users and interfacing with external auditors of US GAAP financial statements
- monitoring and managing our US intercompany reconciliations and cost allocation models
- driving the continuous optimization of processes – specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems
- holding responsibility for communication with joint venture partners regarding accounting matters.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a CPA license, or equivalent professional qualification and experience working in a public accounting firm or an accounting department in an international company
- have thorough knowledge of US GAAP, with IFRS experience being a bonus, both from a theoretical and practical point of view
- have experience with implementing new accounting pronouncements, e.g., revenue recognition, business combinations, and leases
- take a methodical approach to your work and excel at communicating financial accounting concepts in a readily understandable manner
- can balance multiple priorities and drive timely outcomes in a fast-changing environment
- have led dynamic teams and can coach and lead your team members through effectively sharing your knowledge and experience.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.