Engineering and construction
Senior Structural Engineer
Imagine a future where you play a key role in the design of structural components for monopile and jacket foundations for our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll design structural components for monopile and jacket foundations for offshore wind turbines, from the conceptual phase to detailed design and installed design, incl. as-built documentation. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in development work, such as calculation methods and calculation tools.
Welcome to Structural Engineering
You’ll be part of Secondary Structures where you, together with your colleagues, will constantly improve on methods, tools, and best practices for the design of secondary structures such as boat landings, platforms, anode support structures, and ladders. The department has offices in two locations in Denmark, while other interfacing colleagues are located in London, Hamburg, Poland, the US, and Taiwan, among other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing, calculating, and documenting structural components
- the development of best practices, calculation methods, and calculation tools
- working with CAD technicians and helping them create and develop drawings and 3D models
- implementing lessons learned and new solutions
- inspecting your own design work at production sites and offshore installation sites (optional).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant master’s degree in engineering, e.g., within civil or mechanical engineering, preferably with moderate experience with offshore structures, e.g., jackets or monopiles
- have a good sense of optimised design of steel structures and a good understanding of production-friendly design, as well as some experience with the design of structures exposed to fatigue
- have detailed knowledge of the design and verification of steel structures
- have detailed knowledge of FE modelling in ANSYS or a similar FE program
- speak and write English fluently
- have good communication skills and thrive on being proactive in relation to your colleagues spread across diverse locations around the globe.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 04 December 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.