IT and digital
Senior Data Scientist
Imagine a future where you create and maintain software solutions in a leading international organisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for enabling web-based and desktop applications that support the electrical design process in a simple user-friendly way. You’ll develop and operate products that support the efficient execution of operations and maintenance activities at our wind farms ranging from strategic problems like gathering multiple types of measurements within one platform, visualising measurement, and supporting decision process.
Welcome to E-ART
You’ll be part of Energy Systems and Power Transmission where you, together with your colleagues, will develop software tools for engineers. Your team is part of our international IT department, which counts more than 500 skilled and dedicated colleagues working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe and in Malaysia. We offer a full slate of benefits, incl. competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, internet allowance, work-life balance, and flexible working hours. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, incl. learning and development.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying ways of combining datasets from our HV cable portfolio to enable sophisticated analyses of the asset condition, resulting in an increased availability
- designing analyses methodologies for the available data
- programming tools for analysing live operational data
- developing and maintaining engineering tools, incl. programming
- assisting projects on cable-related workstreams, incl. quality assurance, thermal and electrical calculations, and ad hoc specialist support.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor's degree in data science, software engineering, applied mathematics, or similar
- have experience in any data visualization tools/libraries (e.g Power BI, Tableau, Plotly.js), Python skills with data libraires (e.g. Pandas) for feature engineering, and knowledge of outlier detection methods
- are able to collaborate with data engineers to build scalable data pipelines to support ML deployments
- have optional skills of using any machine learning tool (e.g DataIku, Alteryx, Azure Machine Learning, or other)
- have optional skills of Cloud platform (Preferably Azure), SQL Databases, advanced SQL queries, predictive maintenance, and fault detection
- preferably have knowledge of SCRUM and SAFe.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 13 January 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY, Talent Acquisition Consultant, on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.