Operations and technicians
(Senior) Commercial Analyst
Imagine a future where you engage in business cases that will reduce costs, optimise revenue, and help us maintain our position as the world leader
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for supporting improvement initiatives and performance assessments with Operations and Maintenance business case analysis of our global portfolio of wind farms. This includes everything from wind farms in new markets to wind farms that have been operational for +24 years and face decommissioning.
Welcome to Operations Commercial
You’ll be part of Operations Business Analysis where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering high quality business case input based on the optimal balance between revenue and operational expenses. You’ll regularly interact with multi-disciplinary internal stakeholders and customers, ranging from technical specialists and financial analysts to commercial and technical decision-makers. Managing stakeholder expectations regarding input and deliverables is therefore a critical part of your work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- engaging with our operating sites and supporting by conducting, presenting, and securing buy-in on analyses covering the operation of existing and future offshore wind farms
- using our existing simulation software to analyse and optimise the trade-off between cost and revenue in Operations’ business cases while considering risk elements
- ensuring to strike the right balance between input and modelling uncertainty, and the level of details assessed in each analysis - being able to find a pragmatic solution to a complex issue is key
- ensuring continuous verification and validation of the simulation models used in the team and improvements of processes involving the team, which will require a close collaboration with our stakeholders
- ensuring that relevant technical, logistic, and commercial assumptions are gathered, maintained, and utilised in our models for forecast and analysis purposes.
To succeed in the role, you:
- either have a background within engineering or economics combined with relevant commercial experience and insight, or a commercial background with relevant modelling and optimisation experience
- demonstrate the ability to present detailed information in a holistic and summarised view with focus on the main drivers
- are attentive to details, have strong analytical skills, and a structured approach to solving complex problems
- thrive in an international, ever-changing environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders
- have excellent communication and networking skills and are fluent in English, enabling you to communicate effortlessly and smoothly with your stakeholders at all levels
- are proactive, have a high degree of self-dependence and feel a strong responsibility for your work and for the results you deliver and understand how to prioritise your work to ensure a high-quality deliverable.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 16 October 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Thomas Krogh Jensen, Head of Ops Business Analysis, on (Denmark +45) 99555667 from Monday to Friday from 09:00-13:00 CET if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.