Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you play a key role in decarbonisation of the energy sector by delivering grid connections for a leading renewable energy developer
Join us in this role where you’ll manage all grid-related aspects of onshore wind, solar, and battery storage projects from initial greenfield feasibility stage right through to achievement of grid code compliance.
Welcome to Project Delivery You’ll be part of the Grid team where you, together with your colleagues, will join a growing team engaged in onshore wind, solar and energy storage projects across the UK. The role involves delivering grid connections for a large pipeline of complex renewable energy projects. You’ll be a part of a team of dynamic, proactive individuals that are self-motivated and team players. As our pipeline grows, the team has an appetite for knowledge building as we enter new markets and utilise new technology. The role offers significant opportunities for individual growth and development, including within technical, commercial and project areas. We foster a highly collaborative, trusting and engaged team environment where we share openly and solve challenges together.
You’ll play an important role in:
· managing and optimising grid connection process at all stages from initial site selection, feasibility assessment, and connection application submission, through offer process, design, and functional specification
· managing and liaising with contractors and the relevant System Operators to ensure timely and cost-effective energisation of projects.
· working closely with the project team in scoping, assessing, and negotiating the technical and commercial aspects of Turbine Supply, EPC,and related tender submissions and contracts.
· ensuring grid code compliance and Final Operational Notification are achieved on time for all projects, both new and operational assets.
· staying informed of changes ing the relevant grid and distribution codes and other relevant system operator publications and policies.
To succeed in the role, you:
· have proven track record of project delivery on time and within budget
· possess excellent technical and analytical skills
· are able to identify issues and implement solutions
· are a team player
· have knowledge of UK power system and processes involved in achieving a grid connection.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us Send your application to us no later than October 3rd 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kevin Landers, Grid Manager, on +353 861028538 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.