Strategy and business development
Specialist/product developer for WTG late-life operations and lifetime extension
Imagine a future where you’re at the industry frontier on lifetime extension, repowering and decommissioning assets in the offshore industry
Join us in this role where you as Product Developer will be a key member of the development team, responsible for developing products, operations strategies, and end-of-design life decisions for our late-life assets. With our global offshore portfolio, we have a large value potential in optimising the assets’ late-life stages with innovative products and end-of-design-life decisions, e.g., lifetime extension and repowering. As a Product Developer, you'll play a key role in developing a frontier industry area by combining your technical expertise with commercial knowledge to support us leveraging each site to its full potential.
Welcome to Operations Product Lines
You’ll be part of Operations Digital & Innovation where you, together with your colleagues, will push the boundaries for offshore operations. You’ll enter a team led by a Product Owner where you’ll develop products, assessments, and strategies to improve the reliability and business case for our late-life assets. You’ll work with opportunities and solve problems in areas such as major component refurbishment, major component upgrades, e.g., gearboxes, generators etc., obsolete spare parts, repowering, lifetime extension, decommissioning, corrosion and erosion prevention, asset integrity improvements, etc.
You’ll play an important role in:
- identifying, developing, validating, and implementing products to resolve global issues and growth opportunities for late-life operation and end-of-design life
- assessing and proposing technical, operational, and commercial late-life and end-of-design life scenarios and strategies to asset owners, e.g., repowering, lifetime extension, decommissioning, and O&M optimisation
- developing business cases supported by finance and our engineering teams, as well as assessing regulatory restraints and opportunities with our legal and regulatory department
- identifying and driving new product opportunities to innovate our late-life and end-of-design assets further, deriving additional value while leveraging the sustainability of our existing renewable assets.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an engineering background and relevant technical experience from the offshore or onshore wind industry, or a related heavy machinery industry, preferably with experience in ageing assets
- can strategically identify opportunities, analyse, develop business cases, and present scenarios and recommendations to asset owners in a convincing manner
- have a talent for spotting and realising technical and commercial opportunities internally and in the supplier market
- possess strong stakeholder management skills and can interact with various internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- are curious about developing an industry frontier area and the development of innovative products in iterations through agile product management.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the DK and Poland positions, please don’t hesitate to contact Mathias Meisner Synnestvedt, Product Owner, on (Denmark +45) 99555316, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.