Engineering and construction
Cable Protection System Module Technical Manager
Imagine a future where you play a key role in designing the protection of our cable systems, ensuring operational excellence across our portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for securing the best solutions for our Cable Protection Systems (CPS) during the early development phase and engaging the supply chain to innovate and improve their existing products. You’ll be involved in all engineering phases related to cable protection systems for offshore wind farms across our portfolio.
Welcome to HV Cables
You’ll be part of CPS Product Line where you, together with your colleagues, will implement sourcing strategies for the CPS across our portfolio, develop cost optimisation levers, and ensure a reliable technical solution is in place at the time of the contract signing. Within your team of experienced engineers, you’ll have the unique opportunity to cooperate closely with colleagues across Europe, the US, and APAC. You’ll also be interacting directly with our Operation team, ensuring that lessons learned are brought back to the CPS designs for upcoming windfarms.
You’ll play an important role in:
- assessing feasibility, high level costing of cable protection systems during bid phase while assessing and mitigating risks
- aligning with interfaces across the organisation to ensure reliable and cost-effective solutions for upcoming projects
- preparing technical requirements in relation to supply and installation for cable protection systems
- managing structural cable design investigations
- supporting the procurement team in evaluating the technical compliance of the various CPS suppliers in terms of design, testing, installability, and reliability of the cable system.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree or PhD in mechanical engineering or similar
- have experience working for a protection system or ancillaries supplier, an O&G company, a consultancy company within the cable, umbilicals, or flexible pipeline industry
- have detailed knowledge of ULS/FLS analysis and ISO standards for polyurethane-based bend stiffeners/restrictors
- have a strong background within both technical and commercial aspects related to cable protection systems.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 20 August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For positions in DK, Poland, and the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact Simone Pagliuca, Head of HVC Development ＆ Operation Mgmt, on (Denmark +45) 99557336 on Mondays from 16:00-16:30 CET; Central European Time, if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the position in Malaysia, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations MY on talentacquisitionMY@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the position in the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and, in this position, you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.